Tuesday 18 September 2012

The concept behind the name Stevezeeko


The concept behind the name STEVEZEEKO

When i first thought of the name, I was busy reading Bantu biko's ''I write what I like"  
Think ''black conciousness" At the time i was really deep and political, so not only was/am I a fan of the movement but i also used the reference ''Black conciousness" as a mirrior effect.....Zeeko being "black" and "concious, so what better name than Stevezeeko

In my current state of mind I still write songs about social ills but only those I am in control of, I try not to be political because the cause is no longer for the people but for the few men who will benifit by the suffering of others. I am a grown man with a concious mentality, creatively there is nothing I cant do.

In loving memory of Stephen Bantu Biko

 Born: 18 December 1946,  Died: 12 September 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment